WACA would not function without the support of its parents and caregivers. We need your energy and enthusiasm to continue to build our school, and improve your child’s educational experience.
|Family Connections||Getting Involved|
WACA depends on the commitment and involvement of parents and caregivers. Parents and caregivers main responsibilities are:
There are many ways for parents and caregivers to be active participants in our school, such as:
|WACA Site Council|
The purpose of site councils is to increase student achievement. In compliance with provisions of the Oregon Act of the 21st Century, it is the policy of the board to establish site councils in each school in the district. The duties of the council shall include:
- The improvement of the of the school’s instructional program;
- The development and coordination of plans to improve the professional growth of the school’s staff;
- The development and coordination of plans for the implementation of programs covered under the Oregon Educational Act for the 21st Century at the school site;
- The administration for grants-in-aid for the professional development of teachers and classified district employees
- Fostering family involvement in the schools.
If you are interested in serving on Site Council contact Adela Moreno at email@example.com